Muscle Pain: Causes and Treatments
Are you suffering from muscle pain? If yes then you can have the causes and treatments of your pain here. Muscle pain is very common. Almost everyone experiences this ache at some stage in their life. Muscle pain may arise due to the infection in the tissues of muscles, over-usage of muscles during physical activity or other inflammatory conditions such as shoulder pain. Viral infection like influenza can also cause pain in your muscles. You can also feel the muscle aches while suffering from temperature. Muscle pain can happen in different ways like aches, cramps, burning or stabbing. It all depends on the reason behind the pain. The causes and treatments of muscle pain have been explained here separately.
There may be a lot of causes for having muscle pain but some of them have been described below:
- Over usage of the muscle during the physical activities can lead to your back pain.
- Tension in the more than one muscle in the body is also one of the cause of muscle pain.
- Muscle can be injured during the over usage of that muscle in the physical exercise or heavy work.
- Sudden cool downs and warm-ups are also a cause of muscle pain, aches, and cramps.
- Dystonia: It causes involuntary movements and muscle contraction, which results in neck pain, body motions, and abnormal posture.
- Myofascial pain: It is a syndrome in which the tissues of the muscles got pain due to strain or an injury.
- Muscle cramps: These are due to muscle fatigue, stretching, depletion of salt and dehydration. The hip pain may be a form of muscle cramps.
- Infection: Systematic muscle pain also occurs due to the infections in your muscles.
As far as the causes of muscles are concerned, the treatments of muscle pain are also there. Muscle pain can also be treated through physical therapy. Muscle pain can be treated through home-based remedies and it can also be eased by doctors’ medications.
The home-based remedies for the muscle aches, pain, and cramps are there:
- Rest: Giving rest to the muscle where it is hurting.
- Tablet: Taking the pain killer for muscle pain such as ibuprofen.
- Ice: You can also apply ice to the affected area in order to relieve your muscle pain.
- Compression. You can wrap your muscles through a bandage for support.
- Elevation: Raise your affected muscle above your heart. It can also provide you with some relief for some time.
You can also treat your muscle pain through a medical doctor or orthopedic doctor. You may go to your doctor but some have been explained below:
- Muscle relaxants: Flexeril and Zanaflex are used to relieve the pain of acute muscle injury.
- Anti-depressants: Anti-depressants are helpful for taking your body to a rest position. Elavil is used for the treatment of myofascial pain.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are used for treating many inflammatory conditions.
- Vitamin D: If your muscles are aching due to the deficiency of vitamin D then the doctor prescribes vitamin D in your diet.
- Antibiotic: For damage and drainage of the infected muscles needs antibiotic to be treated.
Muscle pain treatments are available in our clinic and are performed by our professional team of doctors.