When to See Your Doctor about your Muscle Pain
No one is left behind who have not suffered from muscle pain, aches, and cramps at some point in their life. Muscle pain can be of different types. It can be the back pain, neck pain, hip pain or shoulder pain. No kind of pain is bearable for anyone especially if it is muscle pain. The pain is often caused by the over usage of your tendons, ligaments, tissues or the muscles. However, when the pain exceeds the limit then it also turns into the severe swelling on your muscles. The pain may be due to sports or workout injuries. The muscle pain can be treated with exercise, at home, by physical therapies or through medication.
When to see a doctor?
There are certain conditions in which you have to consult your doctor for managing your muscle pain. These conditions have been explained here:
- You had a serious loss of movement due to muscle aches. This is a serious situation and one should immediately consult a doctor for it, otherwise, you may lose your movements.
- When your injured area looks to be deformed. It may occur in a muscle disorder in which your body is wrongly moved and then deformed in a wrong position.
- In case, you are suffering from serious pain and the area appears to be swollen.
- If you could not put weight on any of the injured joints then this is the situation that must be consulted with a doctor for relief.
- When you are feeling muscle pain symptoms like the stiffness, numbness of the muscles, and fever.
- If you are taking proper rest and medications also but the pain still persists more than a week then it is a serious condition that must be handled by a doctor.
- If the person who is suffering from muscle pain is a child or an old man as they can’t take proper medications then they should be properly checked by the doctors.
- When the pain is stemming from the back injury, neck pain or lower back pain and is going deep into the legs.
- If the suffering person is pregnant then she must be handled by a proper physical therapist so that there should not have any effect on the baby.
- When you are taking proper medications but the pain is still growing by every passing hour then it is a serious condition and you should go to a doctor for treatment.
- In case, you are having difficulty while breathing. It may be due to chronic muscle disorder.
- If you are feeling extreme muscle weakness then go to a doctor so that he or she can recommend medicines or vitamins for the strengthening of your muscles.
- When you listen to the popping sound in your muscles due to an injury, swelling or pain and you can’t even walk then you must go for a doctor to get the proper treatment.
All the above situations show that you should go for a pain management doctor if you are having a serious injury and can’t get relief after medication or rest. Consult with our muscle pain management doctor!